Join East Anglia’s premier professional chamber orchestra for a day of strings, woodwind and brass workshops!
- Monday 2 October 2023, 1.00pm to 5.15pm
- Strings: King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford (click here for the location)
- Woodwind and Brass: Chelmsford County High School for Girls, Chelmsford (click here for the location)
- Price – Free
Supported by Orchestras Live and Essex Music Service, young musicians from Essex are invited to join a day of workshops focusing on ensemble playing and instrumental technique led by our regional professional chamber orchestra, Britten Sinfonia.
This is based on the workshop in Colchester earlier this year which brought together 50 string students from across the county, so we’re glad to repeat this, and to also open a separate workshop for woodwind and brass players.
This Inspiration Day is for all strings, woodwind and brass students who have achieved Grade 4 and above, who wish to learn with real industry professionals, learn to perform in groups and perform in front of a live audience at the end of the day.
Places are limited to a maximum of 100 students (50 of strings, and 50 mixed of woodwind and brass), and thus will allocate places on a first come first serve basis. Music will be sent out in advance to those who register in order to prepare for the day, with additional support from musicians through the Inspiration Day.
Timings for the day
- 12.45pm Registration opens
- 1.00pm Workshop begins
- 5.15pm Workshop ends
- 5.30pm Showcase for parents, after which students can leave
Register your school/child by 22 September
- Schools: to register for the Inspiration Day, please click here to complete the form.
- Parents: to register as an individual, please click here, and please contact your school in case they already have plans to bring your child or others.
We are proud to have a number of leading and high-achieving top-level ensembles offering opportunities for young musicians in Essex including:
This doesn’t happen by accident – we also run a number of starter ensembles in our community music venues as well as intermediate ensembles including our Essex Young People’s Orchestra to bring together young people together in making music with each other.
If you have a young person in your setting who would benefit from joining such an ensemble, please contact Beverley Heard, Music Ensembles Lead Officer, telephone 0333 013 8953 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org