Arts Award is a unique set of qualifications that supports children and young people to enjoy the arts and develop as artists and arts leaders.
They also acquire communication and professional skills which are essential for success in 21st century life. Since Arts Award launched in 2005 more than a quarter of a million young people have achieved awards at one of five levels – Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
View more information about Arts Award (pdf).
What do I do to get an Arts Award?
- Take part in different arts activities
- Be inspired by artists and arts organisations
- Experience arts events
- Share your arts skills with others
- Put together a portfolio or arts log in your own choice of format
And for Silver and Gold you’ll also get to
- set yourself arts challenges
- organise your own projects
- research arts careers and the arts sector
Essex Music Hub/Essex Music Service is an Arts Award Centre, which means we are able to offer Arts Award directly to children and young people within our own projects and programmes. We can also support and assess children and young people through other Arts Award qualifications.