We want to ensure that young people have a voice and are heard in Music Education across Essex.
How do we do that?
- In your lessons – we aim for all music lessons to be student-centred and to empower you to get involved in your learning. Have you got ideas of what music you would like to learn or play? Talk to your Tutor about them and work together on what that might look like.
- In your groups and ensembles – we seek input from ensembles members to shape the programme of repertoire
- In what we do – young people are involved in our recruitment for key roles on the team and we actively seek feedback and input on our key priorities and services
- In how we communicate – we are keen to work with some young people to improve our communications and run some of our social media content as well as launching our Instagram page. Contact us if you are interested in getting involved!
- In what we could do – we run Youth Voice sessions each half term around the County where all young people aged 11-19 are welcome to attend and share the things you would like to see happening as well as discuss our future plans. The details of these meetings are listed below.
Do you have an idea? Submit them here and we will respond to you with our initial thoughts within 2 weeks
Our Youth Voice Groups
We meet each half term with groups of Young People, moving around the County and with the option to dial in online to ensure this is accessible by as many students as possible.
If you are aged 11-19, you are welcome to attend and share your thoughts. Let us know you are coming
Put the date in your diary! Our next meeting is:
- Monday 4 December 2023 (Colchester) – topic to be confirmed
We recently ran a survey and Focus Groups with Young People on what an Essex Youth Choir might look like. The results are in and can be read here: 2023 Youth Choir Consultation