Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme offers purchasing an instrument without VAT.
What is AIPS? The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme, known as AIPS, enables pupils at Local Authority (LA) Schools to purchase new instruments without paying VAT and is approved by HM Revenue & Customs.
Terms and conditions include:-
- students must be in full-time education at a Local Authority (LA) school.
- students must receive regular (weekly) music lessons.
- instruments must be delivered to the student in school not to a home address.
- VAT free applies to purchases of a new instrument not second-hand or ex-hire.
How do I start the process for buying an instrument without VAT?
- Seek guidance on the appropriate make/size of instrument from a teacher.
- Shop around and consider all outlets for buying a new instrument and confirm they are aware of AIPS.
- Check the availability of the instrument but don’t make any payment to the retailer.
How do I apply for buying an instrument without VAT?
- Please print off and complete this form AIPS application form
- Return either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post with a cheque made payable to Essex County Council.
- Payment is for the net amount (the ex-VAT price) plus a £10 admin.
- Once the application has been approved and payment received, an order will be sent to the retail outlet with delivery of the instrument being sent to the specified school.
Any questions, please telephone 0333 0138953 or email email@example.com