|Date and time||
Join Royal Opera House for this virtual teacher training event introducing the Create and Sing programme and how to explore opera in the classroom.
Free programme of training and resources
Find out more about the first of this two-part CPD training events exploring the Create and Sing The Magic Flute scheme of work (KS1-KS3). Royal Opera House specialist drama and music practitioners will introduce the programme, pedagogy and resources before guiding through effective approaches to supporting students’ creative learning by exploring opera.
Create and Sing is an innovative drama and singing programme supporting young people’s creative learning and giving voice to their creativity. These nationally and freely available teacher training and resources engage schools in a creative process leading towards creating opera in the classroom.
Teachers are not required to have specialist music training as our free certified training and unique online resources help guide them through the programme every step of the way.
The creative and interactive training sessions invites teachers to collaborate and explore the Create and Sing programme together. There is an emphasis on play, discovery and participation and we therefore ask attendees to bring a a “give it a go” attitude.
Please note this is a 2 part training course and attendees need to register for both parts separately on Eventbrite.
To ensure the required number of attendees we ask all teachers to sign up with a deputy who will step in for you, should you not be able to attend. Both you and your deputy may attend, just let us know if this is likely to be the case.
Details about the digital platforms that will be used in the session will be emailed to attendees in advance, along with some familiarisation information to help guide you through using them. If you have any special accessibility requirements please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certified teacher training for KS1, KS2 and KS3 teachers across the U.K.
- Digital resources that are free to access via the ROH Learning Platform, giving teachers the option of two-lesson (Taster), five-lesson (Explorer) and ten-lesson (Immersive) schemes of work.
- Introductory films that inspire and entertain students, reinforcing the activities and concepts they encounter in the lessons.
- Backing tracks with and without vocal lines for all the selected opera excerpts, to assist with learning and performing.
- Support in helping children achieve the KS1, KS2 and KS3 National Curriculum attainment targets for Music and links to the wider curriculum.