Bring musical instruments to life with a performance from one of our touring trios. Whether you want brass, woodwind or strings, a Live Music Experience is a great way to meet the national curriculum requirements of access to Live High-Quality Music and launch instrumental learning in your school.
Its aim is to:
- raise the profile of the above wind instruments
- encourage children to learn about the instruments
- create awareness of pulse, rhythm, pitch, dynamics and texture
It achieves this with:
- an exciting 45-minute Morning Assembly performance (often performed to the whole school)
- an Instrument Zoo where all the young people try the wind instruments
- engagement through a range of musical genres
All visiting trios will consist of highly experienced musicians, teachers and performers. They will provide the opportunity for all students to have a go on all the instruments, creating a buzz amongst pupils and hopefully inspiring them to take up an instrument!
If you any questions regarding this provision, please contact Liz Leatherdale via email or phone 03330 321156
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for Friday. I am collecting comments from the children at the moment and it’s clear how much they all enjoyed the performance and getting to try out the different instruments. Thank you to you all!” Ruth Leviton, The Downs School
“I just wanted to say what a fantastic day we’ve had. The children are all buzzing with the experience so I’m hopeful that we may have more children who want to take up instruments in the future. Sandy Snoxall, Grove Wood Primary