FluteAbility provides access to high quality, inspirational musical experiences for children and young people and the adults working with them. It is delivered through a live programme of flute and piano music with audience participation for all pupils at KS1 and KS2.
A typical FluteAbility performance:
- One 45 minute performance with KS1.
- One 45 minute performance with KS2.
- Musical elements of pitch, dynamics, timbre, tempo, pulse and storytelling are demonstrated through live music and interactive opportunities for pupils.
- Musical genres include baroque, classical, romantic, popular, contemporary, traditional and TV themes.
- Following the performance, schools are provided with a Follow-up Pack of information and ideas to carry on the activity and relevant information about Essex Music Hub opportunities and services
Costs are £280 for each school visit.
Comments from those on recent programmes:
“What a fantastic afternoon!!! I shall be passing your details on because your show was amazing. All classes really enjoyed the sessions.” St Theresa’s Catholic Primary School, Rochford
“Our children thoroughly enjoyed the experience today and on a personal note it was wonderful to hear such beautiful live music and learn so much about the history of the flute. You are always welcome at our school.” Chipping Ongar Primary
“Thank you again for today. We all really enjoyed it and the pack looks amazing too.” Southminster Primary School
General Pupil comments: “fab”, “brilliant”, “I want to learn flute and piano now.”
General Staff comments: “absolutely brilliant”, “it was really good”, “thank you… it was amazing.”
Schools responses to the performances were unanimously positive. 100% of schools either agreed or strongly agreed with all the following measurable outcomes:
- Some pupils had the opportunity to independently direct the performance of professional musicians.
- Pupils and staff experience ways in which musical understanding can be deepened and explored together.
- Pupils are positively and actively engaged in the live music performance.
- Pupils are inspired by the live music experience.
- Music educators gain new ideas for leading musical activities within their school through the ideas contained in the Follow-Up Pack.
Feedback to the Follow-Up Pack has been 100% positive, all schools agreeing that “school music educators gain new ideas for leading musical activities within their school”.
For bookings please email Liz Leatherdale