Focus on Sound is a multimedia lesson system for KS3, GCSE and A level music.
This resource is part of the Essex Music Education Hub e-learning package.
All schools subscribing to this package will receive access to this programme. To apply for our e-Learning package please complete the Book-It! form.
The access provided will grant access for up to 5 teachers and 250 students – larger numbers can be accommodated by arrangement. Focus on Sound is used by over 500 UK secondary schools and is also widely used in the US, China and the Middle East.
Fabulous! We are in our second full year of all KS3/4/5 having access to Focus on Sound … such a powerful tool for both lessons and homework. The impact upon the students has been marked. Our GCSE class enjoyed the topics and found it a brilliant confidence builder!
Focus on Sound provides hundreds of online lessons specially created for whiteboards and large screens, as well as for individual use on PCs, tablets and phones.
Videos, audio, photos, diagrams, text, listening activities, quizzes, tests, performing and composing suggestions are all included. Topics include African music, Indian music, Orchestral instruments, Drum kit, Guitars, Basic theory and many more.
Focus on Sound has completely transformed my KS3 education. Fantastic! Our kids love it. The best money I’ve ever spent.
The main content of Focus on Sound has been written by a senior examiner. Almost all the set works for the different boards are covered. Each piece has a comprehensive analysis with notation, listening, discussion and writing tests. Wide ranging extended listening projects are also provided.
Fabulous resources and the kids appreciate them and saves me so much time. Thanks for the Edexcel set works for GCSE and keep up the great work.
Complete listening training system for all the A level listening and analysis concepts. Some set works are now covered.
Many many thanks for all of your help with this wonderful resource.
- Alec Hunter Academy
- Anglo European School
- Appleton School
- Beauchamps High School
- Becket Keys Church of England Free School
- Billericay School, The
- Boswells School
- Brentwood County High School
- Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School
- Bromfords School and Sixth Form College
- Burnt Mill Academy
- Castle View School
- Chelmer Valley High School
- Chelmsford County High School for Girls
- Clacton Coastal Academy
- Clacton County High School
- Colchester Academy
- Colchester County High School For Girls
- Colchester Royal Grammar School
- Colchester Sixth Form College
- Colne Community School
- Cornelius Vermuyden
- Davenant Foundation School
- De La Salle School
- Deanes School
- Debden Park High School
- Epping St Johns C of E voluntary controlled
- Fitzwimarc School
- Forest Hall School
- Gilberd School
- Great Baddow High School
- Greensward Academy
- Harwich and Dovercourt High School
- Hedingham School and Sixth Form
- Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
- Honywood Community Science School
- Hylands School
- James Hornsby School
- Joyce Frankland Academy Newport
- King Edmund School
- King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
- King Harold Academy
- King John School
- Maltings Academy
- Manningtree High School
- Mark Hall Academy
- Mayflower High School
- Moulsham High School
- New Rickstones Academy
- Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form
- Ongar Academy
- Ormiston Rivers Academy
- Passmores Academy
- Philip Morant School and College
- Plume School
- Ramsey Academy, Halstead
- Roding Valley High School
- Saffron Walden County High School
- Sandon School
- Shenfield High School
- St Benedict's Catholic College
- St Helena School
- St John Payne Catholic School
- St Mark's West Essex Catholic School
- St Martin's School
- Stanway School
- Stewards Academy
- Sweyne Park School
- Tabor Academy
- Tendring Technology College
- Thomas Lord Audley School
- Thurstable School and Sixth Form Centre
- West Hatch High School
- William De Ferrers School