This page is currently being updated – come back soon!
We are delighted to be able to continue to provide online tuition to students who are unable to have lessons in school or at one of our Music Schools
Not sure how the lessons look and sound? Look and listen to our tutor Paula giving Bella a flute lesson.
When do the weekly lessons take place?
- Tuesdays 4pm – 8pm
- Wednesdays 4pm – 8pm
- Thursdays 4pm – 8pm
- Saturdays 9am – 5pm
Packages of 10 lessons per term are available:
- Shared lessons 20 minutes for two = £52.67 (pay for ten minutes each)
- 15-minute individual lessons = £79.00
- 20-minutes individual lessons = £105.33
- 30-minute individual lessons = £158.00
There are 10 weeks of lessons each school term / 30 lessons for an academic year. Invoices covering the above appropriate amount are sent during each term.
How does it work?
- We process your application, match you with your tutor, or if they are not available, with the next available cover tutor for your instrument for this term. We email you with details of the lesson and how to access it.
- The lessons are a continuation of your in-school learning, and will be private between you and the tutor.
- Our recommended lessons lengths are 15 minutes for beginners, and 30 minutes for more advanced students (i.e. those taking Grade 5 and above).
- We have an online tuition safeguarding policy and you will be asked to virtually sign this as part of the registration process: that policy is available here.
- Once you’ve applied we send you details and guidance about using Zoom (the platform we’re using), and a member of our team gets in touch to confirm your booking and a convenient weekly time.
We are offering new students the opportunity to have a free trial online music lesson with one of our tutors. If your child enjoys it, we’ll guide you through booking a batch of online lessons.
We run a special scheme for families on low incomes, who may be eligible for our music tuition discount. We also have discounts and schemes for Looked After Children in partnership with Essex Virtual School, and provide an assisted instrument purchase scheme – please contact us for more information of this.
“We were really delighted to be offered these online lessons. They have been really worthwhile and Annie really enjoys them. She has been getting a lot of out the lessons and looks forward to practising.” Mrs Harris
“The lessons have been invaluable and I never expected them to be such a positive experience for our son. He has really loved the lessons with Barbara – she is really, really positive and engaging. Delighted that we had this opportunity.” Mrs Farmer
If you have any problems in registering or queries about this service, please email us by clicking here.