From April 2017 all Looked After Children (LAC), children subject to a Special Guardianship Order (SGO), Child Arrangement Order (CAO) or Children adopted from care will be offered the following musical opportunities by Essex Music Education Hub completely free:
- 1 x 15min free vocal or instrumental tuition lesson per week (10 sessions per term) used with Essex Music Services tutors within Essex schools.
- 1 x free music school package used during the evenings or weekends at one of 14 community Music Schools spread across the county (many music schools include theory and aural classes and ensembles and choirs as well as instrumental and vocal tuition).
The above offer is applicable to music tuition in Essex County Council Schools and EMS community Music Schools; it cannot be used at schools in other local authorities or for at-home provision. For ECC LAC, SGO, CAO or Children Adopted from Care that are receiving their education at another local authority school, please contact the Virtual School who will be able to advise you further firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free hire of an instrument (covering a range of orchestral and electric instruments). These can be delivered to the young person’s school for free.Click here for more info on instrument hire.
Progression routes into county ensembles and choirs
- Free membership of county ensembles and choirs and attendance at county ensemble and choir workshops, courses and tours
How to apply?
Schools, social workers or carers can apply on behalf of a young person. One voucher covers all activities listed above.
What do you need to apply?
Looked After Children
- Which Local Authority is the young person in the care of.
- Name of the young person’s social worker and Independent Review Officer.
- School ( if carer or social worker is applying)
Post-Looked After Children (adopted from care; Special Guardianships Orders; Child Arrangement Orders).
- Evidence of the adoption certificate or SGO/CAO order (or confirmation from young person’s school that they have had sight for Pupil Premium purposes).
If you have any queries relating to your online application please get in touch:
- Vouchers email@example.com
- Ensembles and choirs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instrument hire email@example.com
In-school tuition must be applied through the young person’s school.
Information on joining community music schools can be found here.