|Date and time||
Calling all curious composition creators and those who think that an afternoon of creative composition with your KS1 or 2 class sounds like a wonderful idea! Or it would, if you had a little more inspiration.
Fear not, we have asked the marvellous Sue Nicholls, Independent Music Consultant, to share some of her wisdom and ideas with us in a series of videos and live Q&A sessions.
Reserve your video package by clicking on the BOOK NOW link which will take you to an EventBrite page.
Booking through Eventbrite is just for registration purposes only – see below for payment and invoicing terms.
Videos will be released from 17 June 2021 and available until the end of the Summer 2021 term. The dates shown above are not actual dates of events.
About the package
Sue is currently recording 3 hour-long CPD videos for us to unpack the joy of teaching creative music and composition in the primary classroom. In each film she will be giving us practical ideas and solutions for getting children to compose creatively and thinking about how these activities can progress through the primary age range.
Each video will be released via a private link on our website throughout the summer term. Once a video is released, all subscribing schools will receive the link and password and then can watch the films at a time to suit you. You could always use the films as whole staff CPD and watch them together whilst trying out the ideas live! We will keep the videos live until the middle of the Autumn term.
Following the release of the first and last videos, Sue will be joining us online for a live Q&A session at 5pm. All subscribing schools will receive the zoom link for the event along with access to resources and notes from the sessions.
The release dates and video titles are:-
- 17 June – ‘Springboards to creativity’ Using both musical and non-musical starting points to achieve creative and successful musical outcomes for KS1 and 2.
- 1 July – ‘Carefree composing – part 1’
- 15 July – ‘Carefree composing – part 2’ Accessible and progressive activities for KS1 & 2, incorporating notation with complete and achievable classroom sessions to take away and try with your classes.
The cost of the above package of 3 videos is £30 per school.
In a nutshell
For £30, your school will receive:
- 3 hour-long CPD videos
- Free access to the videos after their release date until October 2021
- Notes and resources for all three sessions
- Access to 2 online Q&A sessions with Sue Nicholls
- All videos and resources can be copied and shared with your school staff
Payment and invoicing
This course is subsidised to £30 by Essex Music Education Hub (EMEH). £30 will be invoiced to your school before the event. The subsidised price is available for staff who work in DFE funded schools served by Essex Music Education Hub (EMEH).
This course is available for Primary School Teachers in Essex Schools.
If your school is not in Essex, or does not fit into the above criteria, please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how to access this fantastic resource.