During this unprecedented time we wanted to reassure you about the services we provide and actions we’re taking. This page includes information for Schools, Colleges and Academies, and for Parents and Carers.
Schools, Colleges and Academies
As at 4th November
- In-School music lessons, including 1-to-1 and small-group tuition, will continue as they are now.
- There has been no change in guidance for schools from DfE, which remains the same from 5th November as it does before 5th November.
- There are no further restrictions on visiting teachers in schools.
- Click here to read our Risk Assessment.
- 6th November: Nick Gibb published this update, including “Schools should also continue to offer before- and after-school activities…This includes activities or clubs not only related to PE and sport but also music, dance and drama”
- 20th November: The Government issued new guidance on the safety of singing.
- 5th January 2021: We are now using Plan B (online tuition) for all teaching save those settings who are requesting that our staff visit to teach (i.e. for keyworker children, vulnerable children etc) – please contact the office via email@example.com to arrange this.
Parents and Carers
- Music tuition, including 1-to-1 and small-group lessons will continue as they are now, after 5th November.
- There has been no change in guidance.
- If your child is required to isolate as part of a bubble, it may be possible to move tuition online for that period of time – your child’s tutor will have spoken to the school about this as necessary.
- Our district-based Community Music Centres are closed.
- Tuition has moved online where possible
- Our Centres will reopen in 2021 when it is safe to do so, in line with Government guidance
- These are also suspended, as are our Easter courses until further notice.
- These will resume in 2021 when it is safe to do so, in line with Government guidance
- Whilst delivery will require some negotiation, hires can still be made – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Instruments hired can only be delivered after the 5th of November, and no option for collection from County Hall, or returning to County Hall will be available.
Our aim is to maintain the best music provision for the young people of Essex during what is a very difficult time for all.
If you have any queries please e-mail email@example.com as our office telephone lines are very busy with limited capacity.
With our best wishes,
The Essex Music Service Team.