The Awards for Young Musicians programme has been running for 18 years and during that time has provided support to more than 1,000 exceptional young musicians. The 2017 awards programme is now accepting applications and can provide funding of up to £2,000 per year (the average award is £500) to young musicians between the ages of 5 and 17 who are learning a musical instrument and are in financial need. Support is available for:
- Instrumental tuition costs
- Purchase or hire of an instrument, instrumental accessories such as cases, bows, reeds etc.
- Fees for long term music course
- Travel costs for attending music courses
- Ensemble membership fees
- Exam fees and audition fees and associated travel costs.
As well as financial support applicants will also receive advice, guidance and access to a range of music-making, mentoring and performance opportunities including the opportunity to attend the annual awards day, where all award winners come together for a day of cross-genre music making with the best musicians in the industry. The closing date for applications is the 3rd March 2017. Read more.